Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

26 February 2009

Killing Time

It's hard work this waiting game, I'm not expecting to hear anything till mid next week about my transplant dates but knowing can't come soon enough. The waiting was made easier today by having lunch in Coniston with Ann. It's a hard life at times.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ivan
    Am trying for the second time! Hang in there, life is not meant to be easy (they say). Waiting is hard but just think of the end result. So glad that it is not too long before you get 'done'. We were made Australian citizens on Wednesday and it was a special ceremony as only the two of us were 'done'. Will send photos soon. Love and prayers to you all and thanks for the post card.
    Lots of love from The Potters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you can do - there is a huge basket of ironing here!!! or you can start planning that party for when you return home - I hope im not being presumtious and that i will get an invite - i want to meet Diane and share a huge easter egg with her!! she sounds like fun. Oh yeah that would be the easter egg i bought for you - but if i bought you grapes i'd eat them as well!!! lol!! Kate xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coniston, you say?
    Do you want to make a date with Great Gable - I'll see you there!
    We all need goals...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter, it was the pub in Coniston!!! If they have a good pub near Great Gable we will be there too.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, I am sure you and Diane would get on very well, if you did eat the grapes and am sure Diane would help out with the Easter egg (will have to get passed me first).

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you really think Kate and I couldn't get chocolate passed you! Yeah, right.

    ReplyDelete