Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

5 June 2009

71 days

I was checking my diary and it's now 71 days since my transplant and 327 days since myelona was doagnosed, how time flies.
My medication appears to be doing it's job, I do feel tired at times and ache but after all the chemo and the previous damage done it's only to be expected.
Averil has been doing a fine job with keeping everywhere looking great, painting fences and walls and all those jobs she loves (I watch very well).
Looking at days past and days in the future, it's only 59 days to my flight to South Africa. Bring it on!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous09 June, 2009

    Go on then - How many shopping days till christmas???

    xxxxxxxxx

    Just look how far you have come since you sent me that text last July!!!

    See you soon xxxx Kate xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plenty of days, so start saving for my pressi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10 June, 2009

    I will invite myself for Christmas Lunch - that can be your pressie - Infact money couldnt buy anything as good as that!!!!!!!!

    Hows your breathing?? I will take a day off before kids hols and go to that place again, ive bin dreaming about that trifle xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds good, the trifle sounds good, maybe see if Diane is free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11 June, 2009

    Sounds good - Can you cope with me and Diane in the same room - We better ring ahead and warn them to order more chocolate cake!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete