Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

25 June 2009

Back to Business

After all the fun of last week it's back to medical business.
With our South Africa holiday just over a month away it's time to look at holiday medication. My blood results continue to show improvement with my Haemoglobin up to an above normal 15.4 and my lazy neutrophils at last coming to the party and shooting up a massive 0.5 to 1.7 from 1.2, this is good news as they have been hovering around 1.1-1.2 for too long.
Only one more appointment before Holidays and that's on 24th July.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous26 June, 2009

    Would you like me to come with you to look after u?? I am a trained nurse you know??? xxxx
    Kate xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous26 June, 2009

    Just looking at the chocolate poll - reckon you owe me bar of choco!!!! xx Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's Diane who gives you the chocolate, go on then my treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear your getting better Ivan mate, look forward to seeing you again, and having one of our chats on our new centre forward or whoever that happens to be. Good luck mate and enjoy South Africa. The whole of WTAFC are behind you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Rob, I appreciate your continued support. We will be at the fortress on the 11th for the friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous30 June, 2009

    Happy Birthday for tomorrow - enjoy - and oh yes you don't look a day over 22, even Ronnie says so!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly, I didn't win the choc poll so the choc is definitely not on me (so to speak).
    I have a confession to make, I've had ............. some.......lettuce! I know, I'm weak. I tried but I just couldn't stand it any longer.
    Race for Life on Sunday. I have ordered a pink umbrella incase it is either chucking it down or blazing sunshine. Place you bets now! I'm nearly at the £1000 mark, if you include the gift aid, I have made it. I still have more donations promised so should do it easily. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed (sorry Ivan, using you yet again).

    Enjoy everything. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Di, feel free to use me, we are all really proud of you. £1000 is a fabulous amount. Well done.
    I think you should email me a photo after Sunday so I can show it on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh blimey. Now I will have to bother about how I look!!! Ah, what the hell. What's to worry about? I'll be as gorgeous as usual (and we all know what that's like!!!)

    ReplyDelete