Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

3 July 2009

Day 100

It's now 100 days since my stem cell transplant and we are begining to come to terms with what I can and can't manage. At least now we are working out what normal is again.
On Friday Averil took me out for a birthday lunch to Chatsworth farm Restaurant in Derbyshire, lovely meal and a lovely day, I would recommend their food to anyone.
On the way home we called into Buxton and after serious thought bought ourselves a tent, it's something we were thinking about last year and now we have seen the right one.

3 comments:

  1. Don't know about the tent, but I love Buxton. If we go we stay at the Palace Hotel, about as far removed from a tent as you can get!

    You're right, life now has a 'new normal'. In many ways it's better because you are much kinder to yourself than before.

    We keep meaning to go to Chatsworth but haven't made it yet. Now I know there is a restaurant there it will go to the top of my list.

    Enjoy the tent (a sentence I never thought I would be saying to you)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just using you yet again Ivan. Please say a huge thank you to everyone who has sponsored me. I did the race this morning and so far have raised £940 with a couple of donations still to come. So please keep your eye on the sponsor page and hopefully it will continue to grow.

    Ivan thanks for rounding things up to £900, what a pal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous05 July, 2009

    A tent and what you gong to do with that??????

    xxx Kate

    ReplyDelete