Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

25 July 2009

Bloggers Night Out

It would be good for the bloggers to meet up one night because I know there are several of you who would like to put faces to names.
We are away most of August so I have penciled in Thursday September 24th from 7.00pm, some of us will be taking advantage of the bar food, please come and join us.
Please comment below to let me know if you are planning on joining us. Would be great if a few could meet up.


8 comments:

  1. You've even taken a photo of the Stag. Now that's what I call service! I'll be there and will be one of the people having food. I have been dieting for 3 months and any excuse to indulge is jumped on. No lettuce that night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di
    I googled "The Stag Inn" for the image so I can't take credit for the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous26 July, 2009

    I ill be there also - Have a great time on your hols -

    It's funny - you have mental images of how folk look in your mind, when you have never met them - the image is usually wrong - however Diane was exactly how I had pictured her to be - Cant wait to meet you Di xxxx

    Love Kate xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you Kate.........you've got a weird imagination, but I like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous27 July, 2009

    I will wear a red carnation then you will know who I am!!!!!!

    xxxKate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll hold a tin of carnation, there'll be no mistaking me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep we will be there,get back from dorset on the 23rd so thats good timming,see you then.

    All the best

    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll Be coming naked.You will regonise me

    ReplyDelete