Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

20 July 2009

Race for Life

Come in Number 53. At long last all you bloggers can put a face to one of my top bloggers, Well done Diane, Di's Race for life page has made well over £1000 for canser research, some of this total is for a friend who also raced, well done to you both.
The bloggers need to meet up after I come back from South Africa, I am thinking of one night in the Stag in September, is anyone up for it.

5 comments:

  1. My Dad always said I was a bit of a blogger. At least, I think that's what he said! As for meeting up, sounds good. Just let me know when.

    Have a fab time in South Africa and take care.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous23 July, 2009

    Hi Ivan hey now that sounds good ,i dont know any people from your non driving school life, but i will come along and see how ya doin,have a great time in south Africa you both deserve it.
    all the best

    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Justin, would be good to see you, I will blog a date when I have it. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Like Thursday 24th Sept for bloggeres at the Stag. I will Confirm soon.
    I know its early but we are away most of August.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have e mailed the usual crew to let them know so one or two may turn up. Should be a good evening. Look forward to meet the load of bloggers! xx

    ReplyDelete