Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

5 July 2009

Well Done Diane

Today Diane has completed the Cancer Research "RACE FOR LIFE", their work has had a major influence on mine and Diane's treatment, Thanks Di for making the effort.

You can still sponsor Diane.

Message from Diane:-

Just using you yet again Ivan. Please say a huge thank you to everyone who has sponsored me. I did the race this morning and so far have raised £940 with a couple of donations still to come. So please keep your eye on the sponsor page and hopefully it will continue to grow.

Ivan thanks for rounding things up to £900, what a pal!

5 comments:

  1. more from Diane

    I wanted to get in touch with you all and say thanks to everyone who sponsored me for the Race For Life which took place today. Upto now I have raised £940 and I still have a couple of donations to come in. It is amazing how it all mounts up and if I include the gift aid money that has been given back, I will have raised well over £1000!

    It doesn't matter how far I walk, if people don't sponsor me, it makes no difference to the end result. So when I was getting applauded for finishing the race, in my head I was applauding those who sponsored me, without you it's pointless. While I am patting myself on the back for walking 5k, reach round and give yourselves a pat for making it worthwhile.

    Here comes the cheeky bit (but I make no apologies), if you haven't sponsored me but would like to do so, please either click on the link below and use the online sponsor page or send a cheque made payable to me and address it to 12 Elgin Avenue, Warrington. WA4 6BU. I will bank it and then add the donation online so that you will be able to see that I haven't pocketed the cash! I think the online sponsor is open for a few weeks yet.

    http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/dianesouthworth1

    Thanks again, it's because of people like you that I am still here.....................actually, that may not be a vote winner!

    Take care.

    Diane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous05 July, 2009

    Well done Diane xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Oh yes - Ivan how you doing?? see you thursday xxxxxxxx Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to my friend and ex work colleague, Liz Williams, my sponsor page is now showing £1010! Liz is doing the race at Knowsley on Sunday and rather than set up her own online page she has sent my page link to her family and friends and asked them to add to that if they want to. So far I have had an extra £60. I have added a paragraph to my page so that sponsors know that it is for Liz's race too.

    There will be a photo very soon but I am waiting for the official ones from the race photographers to see if they are any better than the ones I already have! Trust me, they can't be any worse!

    Hope you are doing well. We are now suffering with Wedding Fever as Rich gets spliced on the 18th. I know, I don't look old enough to have a son of marrying age. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di
    If you want to change your plans for the 18th Warrington Town have their first run out of the new season.
    Maybe see you there. If not, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know, it does sound tempting. Just not sure there would be enough room to accommodate my hat. I would have to wear it as I have been dying to collect it and get it on. Does one wear ones hat to soccer? Nah, thought not. Wedding it is then.

    ReplyDelete