Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

6 January 2009

A Funny Day

Don't know how I should feel and not sure how I do feel. Think I feel fine without the get up and go, think it got up and went.

10 comments:

  1. Glad it all seems to be going ok for you. Ben and Jen loved Chester Zoo - Daddy Lion on good roaring form! Thought the Hogs were ace!Take care and keep us posted when you can. We are thinking of you. I see some fool has voted for Hull to win the Prem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave
    You never know, the Tigers may win but I don't think I will be putting my money on it. As long as they stay up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least (I assume) you are tucked up safely in the warm - away from all the black ice & germs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter, I am being good, staying warm at home taking the tablets and away from germs, looking forward to starting the injections on Friday. (honest)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Injections too? You certainly know how to live. Hope you are ok. Another day of treatment over! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see its all going well.
    Nice job of the blog, i am proud of you :)

    Im reading everyday so keep posting when you have the time.

    All the best.
    Arran

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ivan

    Hope you are doing well, hope treatment going well too. Good to see your sense of humour is still very much intact! Keep smiling..and laughing! Hope Jess and Avril doing ok too, will be popping on here regularly to see how you are getting on.

    Speak soon and take care, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S It's Joco incase you were wondering who Jo is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane
    The chemo slows the bone marrow down and then the injections are a bone marrow growth factor that makes the bone marrow produce lots of cells to harvest the following week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Know 15 other people who don't have any get up and go, as you seen these past four months. Up the Yellows

    ReplyDelete