Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

22 January 2009

Passing The Time

We were thinking of how to fill the time between now and the next chemo on the 9th Feb (I know that my friend Diane would book a trip on the Orient Express), we have decided to book a weekend in Jersey 30th Jan to the 1st Feb. Sounds the perfect tonic. Thanks To EasyJet.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Ivan! Now you're getting the hang of things. And you're right. We are off on the Orient again in March. Have a fab time. There has to be some perks to the whole business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time mate, whilst I am following the boys at Curzon Ashton, the report will be waiting for you, as normal. Enjoy Jersey mate, it'll do you a power of good. Thinking about you,along with the rest of the BTG crew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time Ivan. Garth and myself spent our honeymoon in Jersey and we have been a few times since. We loved it. I am sure it will do you good. Plenty of watering holes!!! Don't forget to go to Corbiere Lighthouse - its a bit of a walk but worth it!

    ReplyDelete