Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

4 January 2009

Start the treatment


Woke up this morning feeling great, (would you believe it, just as the treatment starts I wake with no back pain).
Took new tablets which will stop me feeling sick, but I don't feel sick, (are they trying to tell me something?) anyway its chemo tomorrow so lets see what happens. Couldn't wait around all day thinking about it so we went to the zoo, "FANTASTIC"

7 comments:

  1. I have just had a nose through your pickies - they are great - although one point to make - why make av walk and you take a chariot? what was the top speed? did you take lessons before they let you loose round the zoo??

    Love to all - Catch you soon - thats if you arnt speeding round the zoo on a chariot?? xxx(Kate)
    I not very techno minded so the only way it will let me post comments is to be anon!!! (think you are trying to tell me something)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ivan... having problems adding pictures from ZOO to your blog so you can view them here!!!

    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/rach57786/ChesterZoo2009#

    Some are movies, although quality not brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivan Mate, its Rob the Yellows reporter, ha ha, keep well and don't worry, I'll make sure you get all the latest news and match reports from our sporting mecca.
    Good luck mate, you know the BTG army are 100% behind you, in this fight, and if theres anything you need, gimme and email and I'll see aht I can do mate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ivan, Just wanted to join the growing list of well wishers. Think the blog is a great idea. Love the pics. Ben was "given" a Tiger and a Gibbon from Chester Zoo as a leaving present from his job - plaques showing the adoption are going on display soon. They hope to see them in the wild on their travels!
    Good Luck for today. Will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Ivan, Just to wish you all the best for today(if thats the right thing to say!). Love the idea for you to keep us up to date with the treatment we'll be thinking of you, all our love Andrea , Dave & Mollyanna. ps Ruby has offered to keep your bed warm while your away and promises no slobber!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all,
    Dave and Judith, my friend has adopted the Red Panda and we have adopted a warthog (you kow me, always support the underdog, come on TOWN.)

    Dave and Andrea,
    You will have to check with Avi about Ruby sharing her bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mate This Is Great to keep upto date with how you are doing,all the best

    Justin

    ReplyDelete