Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

5 January 2009

Sponsored Head Shave

Had Chemo today, in the past my chemo dose has been 500mg todays one off dose was 3000mg so my thoughts are:-
If I was going to do a sponsored Head Shave the next 5 days would be a good time otherwise probably too late. Feeling fine after the chemo, no side effects (YET)!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Ann for taking me to hospital and for lunch and MORE WATER!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you couldn't make the church walk yesterday. The weather was dull but the ground was firm under foot (frosty). Plenty of chances for a chat along the way as well as at the pub. I hope a good time was had by all - it seemed to have been (apart from the Vicar arriving late & grumbling that his dinner was slow coming, of course!). I hope the zoo was good - at least it's not so smelly in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of ice lollies! Once the chemo kicks in you will want something refreshing as your mouth will feel like the inside of a bears armpit (and as you have just been to the zoo, you should have a vague idea what that is like). Something nice and tangy to put in your water too - vodka??

    Sponsored Head shave sounds good. You could put the shaved hair in a jar, keep it till the next Sale of Work, and then people could guess how many hairs are in the jar. Double your money. Mind you, you would have to count them all first. Still, something to do when you are in I-SO-LA-SHUN!

    Get that chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can take it from you Di, been there, done it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on smiling!! If any of u need anything please let me know.
    Love to all Kate x sorry I got no pets or adopted animals, but hey the kids send their love!!!!!! Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Ivan, our thoughts are with you. Very hot here so drinking lots of water!!!
    love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well - how many times were you up?
    Hope you are ok today xxxx

    ReplyDelete