Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

1 September 2009

Back from South Africa

We had a fantastic time in South Africa. I spent 3 days with my sister in law Renee and my neice and nephew before Averil and Jess arrived and we drove North to Kruger Park to meet up with Averil's mum, dad, brother and family.
We spent 2 weeks in Kruger and then the rest of our time in Sandton near Johannesburg.
The holiday was a great tonic, I am really pleased that I got the clear to travel from the hospital.
I go to hospital tomorrow to have blood taken and then on Friday to get the results. Lets hope they continue being possitve.
See South Africa Photos on the right.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mate glad you all had a great time,hope the hospital goes well,the driving school is still busy,i had to turn two away off the phone who were not rec's so get well and back on the road and i hope i can send you some work.

    All The Best

    Justin

    ReplyDelete