Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

7 September 2009

Village

As some of you know I am having difficulty walking much of a distance without pain, today I have rejoined the Village Health club, they were great and said if I have problems they will put the membership on hold again without me breaking the contract and having to see the year out.
I did my first swim today, I struggled to 8 lengths but pushed to 10 (maybe should have stopped at 8) glad I have been, swimming is much more forgiving than walking and at least I am getting some exercise again. Drugs can only do so much for you, sometimes you have to turn to self help.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are up to doing some exercise again. It's all positive stuff and if you feel like doing it, good for you. If you don't, so be it. They have a lovely little bar place downstairs too if I remember correctly. Not that I'm suggesting you use it of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you're on the move again.
    I used to belong to the club there but got fed up with the equipment not being maintained properly (that was around 10 yrs ago!) & too many bronzed, sequined young ladies standing around nattering...too much like work, I suppose... ;-)
    I should think it would be ideal for lifting the spirits...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it really possible to have too many bronzed young ladies .......?

    Good for you Ivan

    M

    ReplyDelete