Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

24 September 2009

Past, Present & Future (posted by Mick)

I haven't written in this blog for a while - I must get back into the habit of regular postings. I would welcome some feedback - so if you are reading this please comment.

I recently saw this sign outside a Church:
'Yesterday is the past,
Tomorrow is the future, and
Today is the present - a gift from God'

How many of us spend too much time worrying about something that we have done and wishing we could turn the clock back and do it differently, or spend hours planning what we are going to do tomorrow, or the next day, or next week - when we don't really know what tomorrow is going to throw at us. This, quite often, gives us very little time to enjoy the present - the things that we actually have some control over.

So when you wake up in the morning say to yourself - "This is the first day of the rest of my life, I am going to make the most of it." Enjoy the day, with all of it's pleasures & opportunities, and take things slowly - make the most of the present - that gift from God.

7 comments:

  1. It all sounds about right to me mate. Everyday is a good day and things that happen are part of life, bad things don't make life bad, they just make life.

    Enjoy the Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell why I've retired - the memory is going. I didn't realise that I had posted this message to your blog!! It was supposed to go on my blog - www.the-studio.blogspot.com (just in case anyone wants to have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's a blog???? What's a studio??? Who am I???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, have a look at www.the-studio.blogspot.com and find out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have already done that but the above address takes me too someone's blog who is German. No problem with that, but how do I find Mike's? It's obviously a 'girly' thing but at least it will give you both something else to rib me about! Just as well I have broad shoulders (infact that's probably what's up with my neck). I knew I could make both your faults if I tried hard enough. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops try this one then www.mike-thestudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. At last, I've found it!

    ReplyDelete