Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

4 September 2009

Blood results

Have been to hospital today for my blood results. All were ok apart from the protein result that was up to 5, that isn't high in itself but it is the highest it has been for about ten months, it can be a result of many things but a test in 6 weeks time will show us what the trend is, it has been up to 4 since my transplant but please pray for down next time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Glad you had a great time in Africa, your whole family deserved it. Back to the good old British weather now.

    We have just got back from Dorset and the Steam Fair. It was as good as ever but a bit wet! We had to eat lots of fudge for energy to keep us warm!!

    You and your blood will be prayed for dilligently so no worries there. See you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your long break - great to have you back safely! The blood result, as you know, may be a "blip" - prayers will be initiated! See you Sunday?

    ReplyDelete