Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

2 April 2009

cell growth injections

I have just had the first injection encouraging the cell growth.

6 comments:

  1. Get those babies growing - it's beginning to feel seriously like Spring out there - & there's stuff to do..!
    We drank your toast at supper club last night - I hope it helped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many do you have to have? Do they do it through your Hickman Line? Questions, questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By injection,
    they are the same that I had when stem cell harvesting. I keep having until the cells work on their own, hopefully about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ivan. Hows things?
    Bit worried with Peter' posting .... cell growth injections give you babies??
    Be careful mate!!
    Glad to see Diane is back blogging, I've missed having someone to be rude to.
    Lynda & Maria have got you a 'Stuff' Magazine - I will bring it in on Saturday, as long as you are up to pictures of scantily dressed women! In the interest of your health I will check it out first. What are mates for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention ...... I'm sat outside with the chiminea going (Diane ... I made sure that the neighbours washing was out first before I lit up!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for checking it for me,
    had a really exhausting day today doing absolutely nothing. In bed now and ready to sleep.

    ReplyDelete