Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

7 April 2009

Neutrophils

My neutrophil count has to come up to at least 0.5 before I can consider leaving the room for a short walk.
Mondays count was 0.1 and todays is 0.3 so we are getting there. It isn't a guarantee that the count will go up again tomorrow but the signs are good.

5 comments:

  1. It's going in the right direction anyway. I have just read your metallic blog. Sounds bizarre! It's strange how different types of chemo give different side effects (along with the usual ones). Keep up the good work and positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ivan,
    Hope the metal taste goes away quickly and that your neutrophiles are up so you can go out tomorrow!
    Missed your St M's email as we werent there on palm sunday but look forward to seeing you there when you're out of hospital.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As they (we?) say: no gain without pain!
    It's sounding pretty good to me - you seem to be nicely on target.
    Waiting with eager anticipation for your Easter resurrection...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing a special thingy just for my Race for Life. You really are a pal. Julie Bennion from Mary Magdeline has sponsored me, is that the Julie from above (above this post I mean). If so, many thanks Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you like your special little thingy.
    I don't think Julie has been called "Julie From Above" since she was an angel in the primary school nativity play, but yes it is.
    Thanks Julie from me too.

    ReplyDelete