Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

4 April 2009

Good Day

Its 5.00pm and I have had a good day, I didn't realize how low I had been until I started to feel better today.
Every bad day is a day closer to a good day. I know there is a long way to go but I am chipping away at it.

7 comments:

  1. Good to see you today & glad you are feeling better. Shame about Warrington..... but did you se Gillingham's result - lost 2-0 at home!!
    Been looking at some recent comments from Diane & Kate, I don't know about you but I'm worried - 'Caramel Kate' & 'Dairy Milk Di' I get a horrible feeling they are planning to dress up for your 'coming out' do!! The picture in my mind is frightening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Ha! Di and me are beginning to sound like super hero's - well if u can wear ur undies over you trousers(that means you are a super hero) - me and Diane can be the Chocolate crusaders !!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might decide to stay in for an extra week thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that I can still frighten Mike and that I now have a fellow crusader to help me. What with Ivan 'coming out' and Kate and I dressed as choc crusaders it looks like being one hell of a party! And now good friend, I must leave. To the choc mobile (no, not the phone, mo-beel)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow a choc mobile - i cant wait to drive that!!!

    Ivan I hope you can save this blog and in years to come look back and smile!!! I wont be smiling cos all my teeth would have fell out from all that chocolate

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ivan
    Glad to hear that your feeling
    Better

    Meg
    =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ivan,
    Sorry not to have blogged this week. Have been reading what you've been up to. Glad to read you're feeling better. We were with GPRunner to toast you in the week. Thought your horse read rambling minister!! Adam says Hi - safely back from his adventure nursing only broken rib & man flu. Take care, Julie x

    ReplyDelete