Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

3 April 2009

Platelets

After blood tests this morning my blood count is low so I will be having a platelet drip later.

6 comments:

  1. That should help with the lack of energy thing. It will be ok, just hang on in there and keep listening to your body. You best see if they can keep a bag of platelets ready for tomorrow once you have seen that magazine Mike is bringing! And him a headteacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there buddy - Make sure they slip some wine in with that bag of platelets - works wonders for your energy level - oh yes and chocolate - Ronnie has come home from school with three easter eggs!!!! He is now learning the art of SHARING!!!!!! an alien concept for a five year old!!!! Ha! Ha! his memories of his childhood will be that of his mum stealing his easter eggs and telling him life is all about sharing!!!! But hey im sure Mike and Diane will agree - it will make him a wonderful sharing caring human being!!!!xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never did my two any harm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew my partner in choco crime would agree - Diane I cant wait to meet you at Ivans coming out party!!!!!!!!

    Ivan i know you will be fast asleep (well you better had be - its 23.23hrs)so I will talk to Diane.

    Will give you a call tomorrow -xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

    Ivan - I keep seeing this quotation on your blog - every time I see it, it reminds me so much of you - xxxx Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bat Man and Robin's chocolate arch enimies. I like it. Caramel Kate and Dairy Milk Di. What a team. Cat Woman eat your heart out!

    Kate, have you decided on what kind of chocolate should feature when Ivan 'comes out'? There must be something appropriate. I can feel another chocolate poll coming on.

    ReplyDelete