Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

9 April 2009

Walkabout

I have been down to the cafe with Averil, my only worry was how would I feel when I got back after all those drugs and not having walked more than 4 metres for 18 days.
I was pleased when I got back because I didn't feel breathless or tired (will probably sleep well tonight).
If all my counts stay up it looks as though I will be coming home on Monday but that does depend on my platelets holding their own, apparently they are usually the last to get moving, if they do drop it will be more platelets and wait and see. Its just good to know that it has gone so well up to now.

11 comments:

  1. What an exciting day you've had. It looks like you are on the right side of things now and that can only be good. Hope you have a good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel fine, I thought the walk might have taken it out of me but thankfully it didn't seem to.
    Have you seen the chocolate song Di.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They let you back in after your walk then?
    I hate to say it Ivan but the warrington Awards Evening is growing in popularity!! Fran & Rach have said yes, Diane is keen & Ann has said yes as well!!!
    I continue to amaze myself with my charm & powers of persuasion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its nothing I didn't expect from you Mick, I will leave it to you to mention to Avi then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chocolate song!

    It's good to know that Mike's powers of persuasion and his charm are amazing someone! You've got to admire Ann. Passing up the chance of an evening without him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ivan good to hear you are getting better. Just listened to the chocolate song Vicky says Death By Choccie literally. Mind you would that Boost be a Cadburys one? Take care hope to see you soon. Dot Richard and girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I would start with ...."Hi Averil, have you heard about the great night out Ivan is organising for you in May?" ...... and then just take it from there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mick, that would work FOR YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ivan, now that you are starting to get out and about, I thought you might start thinking about the outside world... I have put some photos on my picasa site from my walk this morning if you would care to take a look... http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/rach57786

    ReplyDelete
  10. What excellent news - well done! (Though I thought Easter Day was more appropriate for resurrection - but I can understand your impatience.) The Great North Run is beginning to look feasible after all...
    The Good Friday workshop looked like fun today (I only arrived in time to clear up) - lots of bits of paper, sticky mess, colourful pictures & collages and (of course) HCBs. Oh, I nearly forgot, Jean on the piano...!
    Any messages for St M's for Easter Sunday?
    Hopefully it should all get much easier now - keep up the grand work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is going well Peter thanks, I know its a long way to go but so far so good.
    Avi and Jess are at church on Coffee/Tea duty so they will have up to date news to tell. you never know I might be able to update myself next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete