Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

11 April 2009

Trip Out

Averil and Jess came at about 3.00 this afternoon and we had a good drive out to Otterspool Prom.
I have just had some blood tests and if they are ok and my temperature stays down I will be discharged in the morning, the bed is left for me for a couple of weeks because quite often there are infections and down days, each day at a time.

5 comments:

  1. The breakfast looked tempting - I guess you have a lot of weight to put back on. If that fails there's always the Easter eggs...
    ;-)

    The trip out was just the ticket I imagine - you picked the right day to do it - we've just got back from walking above the Manchester Riviera to celebrate Kate's birthday - glorious sunshine most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had the blood results and all seem to be within acceptable limits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ivan Thats briiliant news good to hear you are on the mend. Hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashin news Grommit! Back in your own bed. Hope Averil has got plenty of bacon and eggs in so that you can be kept in the style to which you have become acustomed.

    ReplyDelete