Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

22 April 2009

Silver Lining

Over the last few months there have obviously been some low times but there are always silver linings to look for.
The latest silver lining is not having to shave, it's now 15 days since I had to shave, so as draining as it was to have the chemo WHAT A BONUS. Show me a man who says he enjoys shaving and I will show you a liar.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, no bad hair days either. Plenty of no hair days, but then you can always run a pole on what colour your hair will be when it comes back. Mine was straight and red when I lost it and sort of slate grey and curly when it came back gradually turning to what my mum would call mousy brown and straight again. Thank goodness for hair dye! Would love to see you with curls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading Diane's comments - I think we are twins separated at birth!!! Cos i get everything wrong - but hey we make you laff and boy do we know our chocolate xxxxxxx Kate xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ivan, Sorry not to have blogged for a bit - been occuppied by childrens holidays & dashing about. Have been catching up on your blog. Wow - so much has happened. So lovely to see the pics of you out and about. Hope you're feeling good. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Julie x PS hi Diane - yes,I'm Julie B. Hope the race goes well & you raise lots x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...mmmmm... :-/

    The enjoyment in shaving is it gives all parts of my brain time to wake up, while the tea is brewing, before I face the barrage of a 4 hour surgery session.
    Sometimes I make life even more interesting by brushing my teeth using my LEFT hand (it's harder to master than getting on your bike from the wrong side!).
    Point of interest - has your skin got drier?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peter,
    My skin did get very thin and dry but now is only dry on my ankle, lots of E45 cream.

    ReplyDelete