Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

9 April 2009

Escape

Todays blood results show that the Neutrophil count is now 1.4, the hospital wanted 1.00 before I could leave the room so as soon as Averil arrives we can go walkabout for a coffee downstairs.
The Cells have officially grafted.

6 comments:

  1. Great news. Are you allowed some chocolate with your coffee?
    Diane & Kate seem to be getting carried away (or do I mean they shoud be carried away!) with regards to your 'coming out' do. All this dressing up business is getting to sound far too serious......now shall I come in my James Bond outfit or as a Warrington Town Superstar??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been on the Unibond site - there is an article about Warrington Town's Awards Night - Ian St John main speaker plus a comedian & an international singer.Sponsored tables of 10 people £250, including food & wine. Now who could be on our table? You & me, Dave & Martin, then I thought Kate, Diane, Ann, Averil, Fran & Rachel!! Can you see any flaws in this grand plan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS .... forgot to mention all of this excitement at Warrington is happening in a large Marquee on the pitch. How can the girls say no!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that all sounds great Mick, I can't see any flaws at all in your plan.

    Will you mention it to Ann and Averil please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mum says she is up for it - but she will go anywhere!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely great news about your walkabout. I am so pleased for you all that things are looking up. The fact that the cells have officially grafted must be a great feeling. Well done!

    I hate to admit it, but Mike's plan sounds like a good one (you've no idea how much that hurt). I've always wanted to sit in a tent in the middle of a football pitch. I'm definately up for it and the night out as well!!!! Sorry, couldn't help it.

    ReplyDelete