Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

21 March 2009

Three On The Run

Probably the last game I will go to this season. Trafford 0 Warrington Town 1. That's 3 wins on the run. Better than the run Man U are having.
http://www.warringtontownfc.co.uk/

8 comments:

  1. I will be thinking of you all tomorrow and wishing you everything you wish for yourself. Be good, make the most of officially not being able to eat salad and fruit and tick off the days to when you come out. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they lose next week, with you not being there, we will know who to blame!! Maybe I should ask Diane if she wants to borrow your season ticket & keep me company for the rest of the season?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A short story about Ivan. At Church this morning (Mothering Sunday) Ivan was chatting to one of the regulars who introduced him to her mum (who was visiting us for the first time). In a typical 'Ivan' way he said, "Surely this can't be your mum, I thought it was your sister."
    I've suggested to Averil that she asks the hospital to check out his eye sight while he's in for the next few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ivan. I've been reading through some of the previous posts and comments. Diane & Kate possibly related!! Now that is a scary thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mick, funny you should mention the church story, I told Rachael about it just before I turned on my computer.
    You are right about Kate and Diane, what a thought, no chocolate for anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Mike thinks Kate and I are a scary proposition, we definately should get together. The thought of finally being able to scare Mike is way too tempting to pass up.

    Now, as far as the season ticket goes, is there still a lot of pie eating involved? If so, I will have to decline the offer (flattered though I am) as I try to avoid too much pastry. If, however, it could be substituded with something else, I don't know, maybe some form of chocolate perhaps, we might just be able to strike a deal. The only condition would be that Kate could come too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Season tickets are non transferable, unless you ask the guy on the gate nicely, but you know how he hates season tickets, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering how long it would take our gate man to spot that one.

    ReplyDelete