Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

25 March 2009

Chemo

A Large and a small syringe of chemo (they both look large to me).
It took 7 mins to pump the life changing drug in.
What a difference a day makes!!! What a difference 7 minutes can make!!!!!!
Lets see what the next few hours bring, I have been told I should have felt sick and light headed straight away, me, nothing yet but I am sure it will come.

9 comments:

  1. Hope the after effects are not too unpleasant.Like the pics of Jersey & the zoo.Went to your mums yesterday to cadge some wool for footy shirt easter eggs.
    love & best wishes Nancy & Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you blogging, have you made your chocolate vote?
    I feel fine at the moment but its only an hour and a half since the chemo. Lets see what the day brings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey up, it's the blog from the bog!! It must have been great for you to have seen me this afternoon. You look FAB! You just looked like your old self which is good, despite what others may say.

    Those chocolates I brought you were really nice, thanks.

    You should be extremely proud of yourself for coping with things the way you are. Positive thinking, that's what it's all about. But that's enough of that. We don't do mushy do we (but you get my drift, well done).

    Mike, I have been practising shaking my rattle (well, if you've got it flaunt it) and shouting 'Up the Town' at the top of my voice. Is there anything else I should be doing, with regards to football that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strong stuff this chemo - has made the nurses hands go purple!
    Hope you are feeling OK.
    Did Diane get to you? Tell her I've booked her a seat for Saturday & the football.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane (sorry Ivan just using your blog to communicate with Diane. I'm impressed with how seriously you are taking this football business. Usually when Ivan has finished shouting 'Up The Town' & flaunting his rattle he goes off to buy the pie & chips. Not too much brown sauce on mine ... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ay up Ivan hope it is as kind as possible to you we keep looking on your blog and keep up to date with your progress speak soon

    all the best Justin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ivan

    Glad to see you're keeping chirpy.

    Found another video you must watch - not quite sure how Michael would work this into a sermon although we could wangle something on the theme of the Good Shepherd, I'm sure...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut2Lj99cHr4

    Enjoy.

    love J,M&G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ivan,
    Hope you were OK this afternoon after the chemo.
    Check your emails in a bit - I'm going to email you some funny pics shortly. Ad says hi - he wen t away (again!)today on an all action (very) long skiing/walking w'end looking as though he'd ram raided a sweet shop - the wlly wonka crossed with eddie eagle look.
    Will email pic when I have one - love Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Julie, the photos are funny, I have some trouble forwarding photos from my internet connection in hospital so my friends will have to wait until I get home to see them.

    ReplyDelete