Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

31 March 2009

After a good sleep (Day 9/5)

A good nights sleep did me the world of good, I have a very dry mouth but can live with that for the short term.
Will see how the day goes and let my body tell me what to do next.

7 comments:

  1. Morning Ivan we are all still thinking of you and read the blog every day. I hope you feel ok over the next few days all our love Andrea , Dave & Mollyanna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each day as I find it, but found today started well so will take that.
    Needing water tablets at the moment but thats not a prob, was up early today and showered by 8.30.
    Thanks for support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can at least start the day not feeling too bad then it gives you a break. The dry mouth is pest but like you say, it's not forever (just feels like it!). It sounds like they have got the whole mouth regime off to a fine art which is a definate plus. Hope the rest of the day goes well for you. Take it steady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was a joy to read that you feel better this morning. Hang in there buddy,xxxxx Kate xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tuna bean salad packed by M and S for lunch followed by ice cream.
    Feeling ok today but sure will fade as the day goes by but until then "party"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, Tuna bean what? Not the 'S' word surely. I hope you didn't give in to temptation and have lettue! I have been doing without in support of your deprivation. Tell me there was no green stuff involved please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Green stuff. promise.

    It was more Tuna and bean in a tomato sauce so its safe!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for keeping off the greens.

    ReplyDelete