Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

26 March 2009

It looks wet outside

I have finished having todays steroids and stem cells put back, more tomorrow morning.
Looking outside I think I am better off where I am.
It is only to be expected but today my get up and go has got up and gone. They say the next few days will be a steady fall until probably at a low early next week.
Tomorrow is another day.

10 comments:

  1. Hi there, you've had a busy day then! Bet the staff are quite amused by all the photos you are taking. Love the blue gloves, must get some. The view looks preferable to here right now. No rainbows over Warrington, just rain clouds. Still it's dried my net curtain - bet you wanted to know that. Vic is decorating the bedroom, hence the unusual sight of our nets on the line. Sounds as though you have a busy schedule - glad they are keeping you busy. All that tea and toast. We are off to Devon tomorrow, I'm sure Lynne will let me use the PC to check on you. Can't have you slacking now. Much love Bren and Vic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mate yep today wet and windy i was on lessons wippers going full chat it be good when i can give you a wave on the road,hope it all goes well

    All the Best

    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely better off inside today, I am only just drying off after the hail shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are still feeling ok. How long did the Stem Cell thing take? I think you must have planted subliminal messages in my head yesterday when you mentioned having fish and chips for your tea. I found myself mysteriously heading for Canteliever Chippy tonight and buying fish and chips. Haven't been for ages. They were lovely, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to blog or look at the blog, it helps me so much to know that you care enough to spend time looking.
    A problem shared!!!!!!!!!!

    THANK YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete
  6. There were 8 bags of stem cells today (photo tomorrow) each bag taking about 15 mins, so with a few gaps for cleaning the line it took about 2 and a half hours this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Ivan. No surprise that you are feeling washed out today, your body will be wondering what the blue blazes is going on. But if anyone can cope with it, you can. Make sure you allow yourself to feel lousy when you need to and if you don't feel like being bothered with anything or anyone, don't be (even me). Have a good sleep. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ivan,
    Sounds like a tough day. If the next few days are forcast to be lousy I'll be willing them to go quickly for you. Will drop the puzzle with Ann tomorrow. In the mean time have a look at this sweet wrapper puzzle that me and Rachel have enjoyed doing -
    http://office-humour.co.uk/content/files/xls/sweetwrappers.xls
    Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers,
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rainbow heading off to the west is Anfield bound, just like the title!..

    It looks like you're in good hands with Florence & Co. Cracking syringe/cannon.

    All the Best

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anfield!!!!!!!!!

    Watch this space. I wouldn't hold your breath.

    cheers

    you bloggers are all fab

    ReplyDelete