Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

22 March 2009

The time has come

Well that's it then, hopefully I will be in tomorrow at 10.00 to start this next step of treatment, I am sure it will be successful, my previous treatment has gone very well so this is the next step.
Please keep checking and commenting, I will try to keep the blog updated daily, I just hope I can get a signal inside the transplant unit.

4 comments:

  1. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams - I am dreaming about setting up that chocolate fountain at your coming out doo!!!!
    So come on fella one last hurdle to go - I will bring strawberries to cover in yummy scrummy choco - (thats the healthy bit).

    you have been in my thoughts constantly over the last few months and being serious - your bravery and tenacity has been humbling - you are truly a remarkable man (and you know my views on men!!),
    You will remain in my prayers - lots of love to you all xxxxxxxxxx Kate xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate, your words and your support humble me. Say hi to MR&M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck Ivan, will be thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well mate (that's four times)this is what you have been waiting for. It's great that you are able to have this treatment and because you are young and fit (your consultants words not mine) you will hopefully return to your usual self at a faster rate. Just explain to me again why that is a good thing!!!!

    You take care and get home as quick as you can, there's a strawberry covered in chocolate somewhere with my name on it!!

    Kate, I will bring some chocolate to dip into the chocolate fountain.

    ReplyDelete