Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

9 March 2009

Chocolate

As chocolate seems to have become a bit of a theme on my blog, I have decided to run a popularity poll on favourite chocolate bars. I need your help, I need 6 chocolate bar names to vote on (only one per person Diane). I will set up the poll from now till Easter.

Ps. For clarification chocolate bar or packet of chocolate.

18 comments:

  1. Cadbury's CARAMEL bar - apparently when men were asked who they most faniced in an advert - the most popular answer, was the rabbit in the caramel advert. Three points to note here, have you ever heard a rabbit talk? seen it eat chocolate? and thirdly how come it was so slim after eating all those bars of scrummy choco!!!!! Sounds like i have an issue with that rabbit - how sad!!!!!!!! xxxxx Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fry's Chocolate Cream - mmmmmmmm! This is my kind of poll. Is there a prize for the person who comes up with the most popular bar? Maybe a years supply of said bar? I would be willing to give a bar to anyone who votes for Fry's Chocolate Cream (well maybe not a bar, but definately a piece). Go on, you know you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do Maltesers count as a chocolate bar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything nutty for me so how about Cadbury's whole nut or walnut whip - what shall I pick??????????????
    Walnut Whip!!!

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maltesers are fine with me, I have changed the statement above to avoid confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howabout a Yorkie Bar or Wispa. Dont know which one to choose so went for both Ivan we cant decide.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only one qualifies...Divine Plain (fairly-traded, naturally!)...but then if you are milk protein intolerant it rather restricts the choice...though I seem to remember that Lion bars were pretty good after running a marathon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ivan

    Hope all's going well with the transplant and you're keeping ok. I've been bobbing on here regularly to check your progress, for some reason i can't always add my comments...i think it's a Mac thing, d'oh!

    Thinking of you, Jess and Avril (hope her arm's better soon!)

    Best,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S Wispa all the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cogan,

    Glad you can leave comments now, whispa is tempting isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah i love Wispas...but i've given up chocolate, not been eating it since October...which is very good for me as I was a bar-a-day kinda girl! I'll be having a few eggs at Easter though, it'd be rude not to right?! All in the name of getting fit for Cheryl's wedding in May!

    ReplyDelete
  12. chocolate - yuck. give me haribo tangfastics anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can the words chocolate and yuck be used in the same sentence? Surely not!

    What is all this rubbish about putting high taxes on chocolate? I'm not sure I get that. Is it going to work in the same way as putting the price of alcohol up? That's ok then, nothing to fret about.

    Apparently, the average person gets through half their days worth of calories sat in front of the TV eating chocolate. LIGHTWEIGHTS! They are obvioulsy only practising.

    Vote Fry's Chocolate Cream!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't voted yet so I am open to bribes

    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi mate,iv'e got a wooden floor called chocolate,very resonably priced.Does this count matey,Keith at kb laminates haha.Hope ur doing ok.good luck ,will keep an eye on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi keith,

    If I didn't know you better I might have thought you were after free advertising, it's a good job you didn't say " for great value flooring give Keith a call on 07778048278" cheers mate.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Cannot beleive no1 thought of the immortal crunchie as an option!!!!!! For shame! (although i have to admit, frys are pretty good too)

    ReplyDelete
  18. VOTE FOR FRY'S CREAM! You know it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete