Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

16 March 2009

Lovely weekend

Doesn't the sunshine give you that feel good factor. A weekend being out and about and enjoying the weather has been a great tonic ending with a Durban curry and a Chimenea, life isn't too bad.

Durban Curry Recipe:- http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/583961

12 comments:

  1. You are so right. We went to North Wales today and had a walk along the prom at Colwyn Bay and then went to Rhos on Sea for lunch at Nino's, our favourite place to eat in Rhos. It was gorgeous, no coats needed, all the kids at school. Just me, Mike and a few OAPs.

    Forgot to tell you, now that we are over 50 (I know, hard to believe isn't it), we get a main meal and either a starter or sweet for £6.50 at the Walton Arms, Monday to Friday. We are now officially members of the Diamond Club! Result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could get a carry out for when I am in isolation. I must admit I do like the Evenwood Carvery, (the Collie cheese is hot though so don't forget to blow).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Durban Curry sounds nice - shame they don't do it at the Walton Arms - we also now qualify for the Diamond Club...I'm not sure if I'm pleased about that or not!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was indeed a fantastic weekend. A best ever round of golf followed by lots of great sport to watch (or should I not mention a certain football match ?) I am only getting my own back because you mentioned chocolate. I have given it up for Lent together with sweets, biscuits and sweets. It is going to be a long six weeks. Weather in IOM was fantastic yesterday. We went for a walk at Langness around Jeremy Clarkson's place. Lots of fresh air and sun. I was feeling good before but feel even better having caught up with your blog. Hope everything is on track for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't talk to me about the hot cauliflower cheese at the Everwood. I hurt my throat sooooooooo much when I went with Frances. A piece lodged in my throat instead of going straight down and I ended up with a big blister on it. Mega painful. Still having nightmares now about it.

    The more your blog goes on the more people I am getting to know people with things in common with me - Kate and chocolate, GP Runner and the Diamond Club (and chocolate). That's it actually, just the two people. But that's two more than before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops! Too many 'people' in that last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You see, this isn't just a blog about myeloma, it's also a meeting place for my friends to get to know each other, that's got to be good hasn't it?

    (Di, the Collie comment was for you)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Di, maybe a comma after " know" would have solved the "too many people" problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just going to Marks n Spencer's for some of their extremely chocolatley caramels - It comfort food to make up for the bad day i had at work yesterday. But hey the sun is shining and its warm!!!! Ave decided work is overrated and too stressful - Ive got another 19 years before I can retire on a 30 year pension - thats a hell of a lot of chocolate caramels!!!!!!!!! love kate.
    Hi to Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ivan, it's bad enough when my Mother still corrects my spelling and grammar without you joining in! Why didn't I realise that the collie comment was actually a cruel jibe from you? You would think I'd have learned by now.

    I think when your stem cell treatment is over and you are up to it, all us bloggers (be careful how you say it) should get together for an 'Ivan appreciation meal'. Kate and I don't care where we go as long as there is some sort of chocolate pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachael and I had already thought of having a doo, we were thinking of names for the party, we had decided on "Ivan's Coming Out Do" should raise a few smiles!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't ever want to understand your last comment!

    ReplyDelete