Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

30 March 2009

Drugs Kick in

Today is the first day off the drip, No chemo, no steroids, glad that part is gone now but as the day goes on I can feel the tiredness hitting me and the day time passing by, I was told earlier today that I probably wont feel like blogging by Thursday/Friday (Watch this space) if there are no blogs you will know I am under the weather.

4 comments:

  1. I suppose it had to happen. You have done really well not having too much of a reaction so far. At least the dripping is over! I can remember only too well the days when I just couldn't be bothered with anything or anyone. So go with the flow and sleep. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its about 7.10pm and its time for bed, might watch some tv but can sleep if I feel like. You Know what its like Di.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just do exactly what your body tells you to do and you won't go far wrong. It knows what it needs. The other thing you may feel is a bit out of control of the situation (more so that you do at the moment). Nothing you can do about it, accept it and tell yourself it's not for ever, just for a couple of days.

    Have a good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hang on in there fella - have a good rest - I can tell from the tone of your bloggs you are sounding down - You have been a total inspiration to me - RESPECT -

    Just think you have got me to put up with on thurs - so u better get some sleep before I land in Liverpool!!!!

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Kate xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete