Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

28 March 2009

An Hour Less In Bed

Just a reminder that the clocks go forward at 1.00am Sunday.
An hour less in bed, how will I cope, think I will have a lie in.

6 comments:

  1. Diane,
    Mick and Ann are with me at the moment, Mick went to the football he says there was a big crowd and he is sure that he saw you with your rattle at the other side but couldn't fight through the them to bring your chocolate, 5 nil to Town, hows the paint!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint's great thanks. It was far more exciting than even I had anticipated. When it got to half time I wasn't sure that it was actually going to dry in time and found myself shaking my rattle and eating meat pies like nobody's business. We did go into extra time and had to bring on the hairdryer as a substitute for the fresh air, but with seconds to go, it was dry. Who says it's like watching Warrington!!!!!

    No problem about the choc, Mike can drop it off anytime or post it, don't worry Mike, second class stamp will do or if you've got a spare pigeon in your shed send that!

    Goodnight Ivan. Have a good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hun!! How dare they take an hours beauty sleep off me!! As GP Runner would say i need choco for its antioxident properties!!!! Keeps us looking younger??? Im sure Diane will agree !!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx kate xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ivan
    Good to see that you have not lost your sense of humour. Still praying for you all. We are not sseing any UK football but on Monday evenings, our time, we get all the results, sadly only the premier league. Here the Football season has started, football being anything played with a ball bigger than a cricket ball. Love you all, the Potters

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Des and Joke

    No Prem football this weekend it was internation friendly instead.

    Wayne is coming in a few days for communion so that will be good.
    Thanks for the email, things are looking better in SA and Liverpool Royal are doing a fine job with me. Lots of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate

    I am sure you are fine without the sleep, have chocolate instead.

    ReplyDelete