Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

1 March 2009

Value For Money

Another day at Chester Zoo using the membership cards we bought as our Christmas Presents, fantastic value when you feel you can just call for a couple of hours, it's a nice place to go for some exercise. My pedometer says I am doing about 7500 steps (about 3 miles) per day, its hard work because of back pain and I need lots of stops but it's worth the effort. May as well make the most of walking now because I wont get much chance when I am locked in my hospital room for 3 weeks (wont need a pedometer I will be able to keep count on a 5 bar gate). I went to the zoo with Rachael today and when I got home Averil was half way into painting the hall, she's good, glad Avi loves painting because I really don't.

5 comments:

  1. 3 miles a day is great! Well done. You can do the Race for Life with me. You'll have to have a sex change first, but hey, get in touch with your feminine side (eating chocolate doesn't count). You would have to watch out for that spontanious painting, rearranging furniture.............trying to think of something else that women do that men don't quite understand but I'm struggling! No doubt you will be able to enlighten me.

    Week one over:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. buying shoes, driving whilst applying make up, unable to park a car correctly, unable to use the tv remote ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ivan

    Is the stem cell room in the picture the one you mentioned that you will be in for 3 weeks and is air locked etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andy
    The room is 1 of 8 at Royal Liverpool Hospital. Apart from the obvious the room has shower/bathroom, tv/dvd, fridge, kettle. And I can take my laptop to use Internet. It might not be that room but they are all about the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew someone would come up with some other things that us women do. Here's a few that men do that sort of pair up with the afor mentioned: Wearing shoes that are falling to bits, driving whilst combing hair over bald patch, unable to ask for directions when lost, unable to relinquish the TV remote (which is why women find it so hard to use, lack of practice!).....

    ReplyDelete