Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

29 March 2009

Sunday (day 7/3)

I hope you all managed with the hour less last night or just had a lie in this morming, I was up at 7.00 for the F1 woken on request by the nurse, different staff last night but all fab.
I am now on my last steroids this morning and that should be it for drugs via the drip. I will have cell boosting injections later next meek to help the stem cells.

20 comments:

  1. Good morning Ivan. Healing service at church this morning & many of us had it redirected to you - hope you felt it!
    Just got the Chiminea going - I know it's early but we've strange visitors coming round later.
    A quickie for Diane (message that is). Ivan tells me I keep giving you too many nnn's your name, sorry for that Diannnne - my apologies. Next time I write Dianne I will try to get it right.
    Must say the paint drying sounded exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mick
    Avi is with me at the moment, she was asking if the strange visitors were coming before she did or is she the stange one!!!!!!

    Answer with care oh brave one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing strange about Averil is how anyone so wonderful & charming, so kind & delightful could not like football!
    How was that??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It worked then.
    Watch, listen & learn my son, watch, listen & learn!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are still feeling good, excellent. Keep it up. Did you get your Sunday lunch, that's the main thing? It's our 23rd wedding anniversary today (lucky Mike)and we are off to the Hoi Chin in Grappenhall for a nosh up.

    Hi Mikkkkkke(not the one mentioned about). Tell me, before you set light to your chiminea did you check to see that none of your neighbours had a line full of freshly laundered washing (including white sheets)? Or, like the kind gentleman (and I use that word very loosly) at the back of our house, did you just go for it and send plumes of smoke in all directions including all over his wife's washing? I won't tell you what I said, but if he does what I suggested he should do with his chiminea, it will bring a whole new meaning to the phrase 'central heating'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That should burn UP the calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ivan, now do I edit my post? I put *about* instead of above!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. also put now instead of how!

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't worry, its blog not an exam, enjoy your meal and congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, it's my Mum's influence. Everytime I spell a word incorrectly I can hear her tutting in the back ground!

    ReplyDelete
  11. has your mum got internet?????
    NO!!!

    I wont tell her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bren and Vic29 March, 2009

    Hi there Ivan. Glad to hear your drip feed will shortly be over. Can't work out why I still woke up at 6.30am - new time that is. Must have been worried about forgetting to change the clocks. Vic managed to do his watch twice and wondered why we were having lunch so late. +Down here in Devon we are having a superbly sunny day. Been sitting in the garden for hours. Wish you could be here! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are having a good time and hope Vic enjoyed his late lunch...
    I was up early for F1 through choice so I am having a lie down now to catch up.
    Averil's mum is doing well in SA.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Touching base with you before i start a busy week at work. How u still feeling ok. xxxx Kate xxx Luv to Averil, Jess n Joyce also xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doing fine thanks, throat drying up as expeted but ok.
    Enjoy work, looking forward to seeing you on thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me too - xxx Shall i smuggle some chocolate in??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ivan,
    Glad to read you've got all the stem cells back now. Hope the injections do their stuff next week and that you're feeling ok.

    ReplyDelete