Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

23 March 2009

Monday 3pm

I wasn't in isolation as long as I thought, I have been out for a walk around the hospital grounds and to the coffee shop, I can't go out from midnight tonight so I thought I would get the last smell of the outside before lockup. (it smells better inside).

7 comments:

  1. You're better off inside today. One thing about the weather in this country, it's never boring!

    Now have you got everything? Because I can just imagine you at 1 minute past midnight suddenly deciding that you didn't buy enough chocolate. If I was being locked up for 3 weeks they would have to put me in a bigger room than that, where would I store all the goodies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was telling Lynda & Maria that you were half way to Liverpool this morning when you suddenly worried that you might have left your dongle at home! They smiled sweetly, but I'm not sure that they really knew what I meant!!
    Does Diane know that all Warrington Town supporters are given a box of chocolates when they go to their first match?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Mike, he is such a fibber! If they gave a box of chocs I'd have been years ago, just for the first match obvioulsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ivan, great to meet you on Friday, sounds like things are going well.
    keep your chin up.
    Love Lynda @ Howard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ivan Thyey are right nyou are better off in the warm today. Vicky got almost blown over into the Mersey on her way to College this morning. Seriously though all our thoughts and prayers are with you and Averil. Was talking to Joyce yesterday and told her that you are a fighter and we know thyat you will get through this. What are the warders like? Bet the food beats school dinners wont be long though until you are out tormenting all of us again.

    The biggest box of choccies will be waiting for you when you come home. God Bless

    Dot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda and Howard, really pleased that you have joined the bloggers, don't forget to vote on the chocolate Poll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dot

    Those Choccies, will you keep them away from Kate and Diane Please. HaHa

    ReplyDelete