Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

24 March 2009

Syringe driver

I have just had this new toy fitted to the Hickman line, this is a 24 hour flow machine fitted with a drug to help prevent me feeling sick, its on a very long pipe so I can leave outside the shower but still administer the drug, clever stuff.

13 comments:

  1. Do you think it will take liquid chocolate - that will definatley stop you from feeling sick!!!
    xxxxxxxxKatexxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had enough trouble getting the GIN in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep smiling - will catch up with you tomorrow - off on the school run!! xxxx Kate xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just when you thought things couldn't get any better, I'm coming to see you tomorrow with Frances!!! Lucky boy! Does your bed go up and down? It does tomorrow! Don't know what you are allowed so I'm not bringing you anything. But I will make sure you get something nice when you come out. I need to test drive a few chocolate bars and see which I think would be best for you. It's a tough job but................

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think chocolate will be fine to bring in, Tomorrow is a chemo day so I think chocolate will help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ivan So pleased that 'Thunderbirds are go' at last. The room looks fine, the equipment frightening. Give our love to Averil. You are all in our prayers. Take care, love xxx Bren and Vic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right then. Chocolate it is. I'll bring something you can share?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be proud to be one of the first people ever to have shared YOUR CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Ivan!
    Have been catching up on your blog entries - a good read, you have some funny friends (that's funny haha, not funny wierd!). Think I'll send you Ad's infuriating & adictive puzzle which still beats me after 3 months. Recon you'll have time? perhaps there'll be a prize...Lindt 70% ??? yum. Julie B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the way - how do I get to be a proper blogger with my own name? ....oh looks like I've done it, I'm sure that didn't work last time! julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi
    Hope all is going well and that you arae feeling ok. Love to Ave, Jess and Joyce. Sorry we are too far to share in your chocolate but will be praying up a storm!
    Love to you from the Potters

    ReplyDelete
  12. Send it in Julie, I think I have time. Glad you have sorted the named blog problem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the chocolate but the prayers from the other side of the world are the best you can send.

    ReplyDelete