Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

28 March 2009

The Bathroom (day 6/2)

To complete the tour of my home we have the bathroom, shower, loo and basin, all nice and simple with a shelf full of bits and bobs mainly for oral care.

Last night about 10.00 I was in bed and feeling as though the steroids of the morning were really kicking in, so a quick check over with an anti-sickness tablet and a cup of tea and all was ok for a good nights sleep. Its steroids this morning and Sunday morning so lets get those doses out of the way and take it from there.

11 comments:

  1. Not bad. If was worth waiting for and I'm glad I didn't have a look on Wednesday.

    How are you feeling? You still ok? The steroids used to make me feel a bit hyper, difficulty sleeping and agitated (maybe that wasn't the steroids as I still feel like that now!). If you can get a good nights sleep it makes all the difference.

    You staying in again today? Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am Staying in today, but have been told that my first possible day for breaking out for a walk to the 1st floor coffee bar is hospital day 14 (Tue 5th April) if my blood count is ok, we are now on hospital day 2 so the counter is running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are going to miss the football at warrington though possible you can watch England. I am going to see Southport. Best wishes Scouse cousin Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ian,

    I will be getting text updates from Warrington Town this afternoon so lets hope we can make it 4 on the run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ivan nice bathroom better than ours have to get Tony busy decorating Hope you had a good nights sleep? Have taken usual cake supply to 100 club and hope to start knitting for your mum when finished easter chicks for Adams footy team fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane - you don't have to stay in this afternoon. Why not come to the football?
    (I'm keeping my fingers crossed Ivan that she says no!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, can't make the footy, I've need to watch some paint drying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike, Have you seen Robs blog, from the other day??? it says season tickets aren't transferable unless you see the nice man on the gate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watching paint dry v watching Warrington .... on balance you have probably chosen well Diane.
    If I bring my rattle can I come and watch your paint?

    ReplyDelete
  10. 5-0 !!! That was for you Ivan.

    Who said it's like watching paint dry ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Andy, Glad you have seen a good games and hopefully the future. well done Joey D. 5 goals. bring it on.

    ReplyDelete