Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

11 March 2009

Provisional Transplant Date

I have been given a very very tentative date for transplant, the earliest possible date to go in will be Monday 23rd March. This date is variable because of my tests on Friday and because I will be waiting for an isolation ward to become free, let's pray for the person in the room now to make a very fast recovery.

8 comments:

  1. That's good news. If you do go in on the 23rd, it really isn't very long off now (although I understand what the waiting for treatment is like). I will be putting a word in with Him upstairs for you and the person in the isolation room, infact all the isolation rooms. I will be sending you an e mail with a few little tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the progress so far. Your date is the day before Megan is booked in for her Caesarian for the twins. We will be thinking of all 4 of you, you can be sure of that! We like the new poll a lot. However can Hull City be a chocolate bar please? It got lots of votes last time! All the bestest. David and Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im praying! ok!!! xxxxxxxx love Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers have not and will not stop. Love from your scouse cousin Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. It'll be easier once the date is "firmed up" I dare say but good to have a target.
    I will be away for the week commencing that day - will make communication tricky but I will be thinking & praying for you (all).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all goes well with your tests tomorrow and i also hope the other person has a speedy recovery for yours and their own sake. Good luck bud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very interesting reading yhe blogs ivan,hope and pray for you mate,but we all know your going to be just fine. work hard. best wishes peter x (driving, you got me mixed up last time.)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers Peter, glad you are keeping an eye on the blog. Have you voted on the chocolate yet?

    ReplyDelete