Hi All

Welcome to my blog, as most of you know I was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer in July 2008, after 6 months of treatment with Chemo and Steroids my cancer has reduced tremendously, I have now had a stem cell transplant which will keep the cancer dormant for longer, my stem cell treatment started on January 5th with Chemo and I had the transplant in March. I am now home but having to take life very slowly while my cells build up, I will be back to hospital several times over the next few months for blood tests and treatment.
Please feel free to pass this address to anyone and to add comments and join in to help keep me sane (or is it too late for that).
Thanks to all at Royal Liverpool Hospital who have made this year possible, and to all the staff who have worked so hard to eventually harvest the cells and the wonderful staff on the transplant unit, A special thanks to Jamie who is as daft as me when I need humour but an absolutely fantastic support from day one (shame he and most of the staff support LFC but I can't hold that against them).

Ivan 07957361356
ivan.thomason@ntlworld.com

30 March 2009

Trouble Sleeping (Day 8/4)

A week into treatment and now I am starting to have trouble sleeping, No its not because of Chemo or steroids its this new game called Bejeweled2 that Ann and Mick suggested I downloaded for my iPod, I am trying to better Ann's high score but have only got a third of the way there yet.
Joking apart, my mouth has really started to dry up and eventhough I am on a really strict mouth regime with at least 4 aplications a day it has started to make its presence felt, the good part of this is that the staff have confirmed that this is expected and does show that the drugs are doing their naturally expected job.

8 comments:

  1. Once you get fed up of playing Bejeweled2, try Bejeweled Twist. It got me hooked. Also, Text Twist, Diamond Detective, Chuzzles and Fishdom. Fishdom is quite good because you get to create your very own aquarium. Insainaquarium is also good. Now you know why I had to take early retirement, there just wasn't enough time to fit all the games in when I had to go out everyday!

    Sorry about the dry mouth but think of the fun you will have rehydrating it once you are out! The weather forecast isn't so good for today so you might as well stay in again. Let's face it, if you download all of those games, you won't have time to go out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just checked my highest score on Bejeweld2 for the Action Game and it is 774,660.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a long way to go, I am going at the classic at the moment and my best is 100805.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've beat me on that one then. I think my best on Classic is 42,000ish, but I nearly always go on Action (it's just the kind of girl I am!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the game as addictive as our website?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The game is great Gary but you are doing a good job and getting there. Bloggers visit http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk for a great read about Warrington.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep playing Ivan...I'm just waiting for the I touch to charge up and then ......see if I can do even better. Lovely to see you today, managed to get Jean home safe.... when we left you there were press men around in reception.... had you informed them of Jean's presence??
    X Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Action Girl!! Is this the same Diane (Dianne)(Diannne) that gets excited watching paint dry!!
    I do love your blog Ivan for winding Diane up ... by the way, how are you?

    ReplyDelete